Probate and Trust Administration

Probate and Trust Administration come into play when a person dies. If the decedent had a fully funded living trust, it continues with the named successor trustee administering the estate. If there are significant assets outside of the trust, a probate proceeding may be necessary. If the decedent had a “pour-over will” at the time of death, the trustee can add property outside the trust into the trust. Under some circumstances, this may require a court order but this procedure is far less intrusive than a full probate of the estate.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *