When you die, there are a number of important decisions that must be made on your behalf.These include:
- funeral – viewing remains, who should be invited, etc.;
- disposition of your remains (i.e., burial or cremation);
- what cemetery or disposition of ashes;
- military ceremony (where appropriate);
- end of life ceremony or memorial service (again, who should be invited, cost, etc.);
- autopsy to determine cause of death; and
- organ donation.
The choice is yours. You can make these decisions in your estate plan, or you can let the court or someone else make them for you.